Xero is a New Zealand domiciled Australian Stock Exchange listed public software company that offers cloud-based accounting software platform for small and medium sized businesses. The company has offices in New Zealand, Australia, the United Kingdom, The United States. It is listed on the American Stock Exchange.
The key features of Xero accounting software include automatic bank and credit card account feeds, invoicing, accepting payments, accounts payable, expense claims, fixed asset depreciation, purchase orders, and standard business and management reporting. Xero can automatically import bank and credit card statements. It offers a free API that enables customers and 3rd-party software vendors to integrate external applications with Xero. Over 275 3rd-party software vendors have built Xero add-ons. Xero also supports multiple tax rates and currencies. It also incorporates a payroll feature and a projects feature. Additionally, users can access local teams in New Zealand, Australia, Europe and the United States.
All financial data is stored in the cloud on a single unified ledger, allowing users to work in the same set of books regardless of location or operating system. Fast Company featured the software’s UI design in a 2012 article, stating that the design is simple and makes it easy for users to get an at-glance idea of real time financial situations. In 2011, Xero released the Xero Touch mobile apps for iOS and Android devices, allowing users to issue invoices while on-site with clients. On August 16, 2016, Xero announced they were partnering with PayPal to allow invoices to be paid via PayPal directly from the invoice.
How Xero Customer Service works
- Xero provides unlimited free 24/7 online support to all subscribers. Any user within an organization can contact us for support.
- We don’t publicize a support phone number. We do call customers when it helps, but we first make sure that the right person is dealing with your question, and they have all the necessary information.
- If you come across a phone number on the web that claims to be Xero support or a phone number that charges for support, it is fraudulent.
- When you contact Xero Customer Service Number, you can include file attachments or invite Xero support into your organization at the same time.
- When you contact Xero support, they direct your request to the team best suited to answer your question.
- Raise a case in Xero central, then view and manage the cases you have raised. You can see the expected response time for your open case, its status, and review older cases at any time.
Before you contact support
If you are seeing odd behaviour within Xero or you are having display issues.
- Try clearing your web browser’s cookies and cache. This removes old data and allows your web browser to perform better, which may resolve the issue.
- Alternatively, you might want to check our System Status page (Xero website) to see if Xero is experiencing any system issues.
- We also have an online checkup tool to run a few system checks for you.
- If these steps haven’t solved your issue, let us know that you have tried them when you contact Xero support.
Contact Xero Customer Service from Xero
When you search in Xero, we give a list of articles that should answer your questions. If none of them do, you can contact Xero Customer Service support.
- Click the help icon at the right of the menu bar.
- Enter your question or issue in the search box, then press enter or click the search icon.
- If the list of articles doesn’t include an answer to your question, click Contact Xero support.
- Type your question and relate it with the topic.
- Provide more details to help us understand the issue.
- (optional) Change the organization your question relates to ( this will default into the last question you logged into.)
- (optional) Invite Xero Support into the organization, so we can take a closer look into the issue.
- (optional) click upload file and select the relevant file from your computer, if you have a screenshot or other type of file that will help us.
- Click send.